Tuesday 11 August 2009

When Harry Met Sally

Today I have done absolutely nothing apart from eat a meal of scrambled egg on toast and drink copious amounts of tea. So, feeling slightly lethargic and miserable, I decided to put on a feel good film. I chose 'When Harry Met Sally'. This has to be my favourite film, I think. It reminds me so much of what my best friend and I go through, so when I see the friendship between Harry and Sally I feel so so lucky. & the scene at the end just gets me every time:



Then followed with a bathful of Lush's 'The Happy Pill', I have had the perfect evening it, it seems! :D I now have a few cover letters to write to try and get myself a job at uni, but who cares. :)

I had to do a post about this. I feel all happy after watching. :) What is your favourite tear-jerker love film?

xxx

Favourite quotes:

Harry: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Sally: You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you. And I hate you Harry. I really hate you. I hate you.

Sally: And I'm gonna be forty!
Harry: When?
Sally: Someday.
Harry: In eight years.
Sally: But it's there. It's just sitting there, like some dead end. And it's not the same for men. Charlie Chaplin had kids when he was 73.
Harry: Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up.

(During the Pictionary game)
Jess: "Baby talk"? That's not even a saying!
Harry: Oh, but "baby fish mouth" is sweeping the nation? I hear them talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment